Teacher training workshops
Health professionals are often expected to provide teaching to students and colleagues, but rarely receive training in how to do this. I offer simple strategies and skills to ensure learners are engaged, stimulated and awake.
Topics available include:
- Person centred approach to teaching and training
- Making learning fun
- Planning a teaching session
- Facilitation skills for effective presentations and workshops
- "The learner does the work, the teacher gets paid"
- Offering effective feedback
"Hilton, in his teaching and learning, shows deep insights into the human condition, how people learn and how people find the best in themselves. He draws on his decades of learning with his general practice patients, creative writing and his reaching out to learners from diverse settings. To be in his workshops is to be safely stretched to enjoy the deep learning we desire and need."
Dr Frank Meumann, GP, medical educator, former CEO of General Practice Training Tasmania